The Japan Chamber of Commerce & Industry (JCCI) is dispatching a high-level economic mission to the Philippines on February 4 to 7, 2015. It is described as the largest contingent of Japanese businessmen to the Philippines in recent years. The Mission is headed by Mr. Akio Mimura, Chairman of JCCI. Its schedule is being coordinate by the Japan Chamber of Commerce & Industry of the Philippines (JCCIPI), the Philippines-Japan Economic Cooperation Committee (PHILJEC), the Philippine Chamber of Commerce & Industry (PCCI) and the Department of Trade & Industry (DTI).
On February 5, the Mission is scheduled to pay a courtesy call on President Benigno S. Aquino III at the Malacañang Palace. Thereafter, the group will proceed to the Shangri-La Makati for a luncheon jointly hosted by PCCI and PHILJEC. In the afternoon, a two-part Dialogue with the Mission will be held where several topics will be discussed:
Part 1 – Dialogue between JCCI and PCCI-PHILJEC on:
- Development of Infrastructure for the Improvement of the issue of Transportation
- Cooperation between Japanese and Philippine Companies
Part 2 – Dialogue between JCCI and the Philippine Government on:
- Investment Climate in the Philippines (Sec. Gregory Domingo – DTI)
- Fiscal Reform of the Philippines (Sec. Cesar Purisima – DoF)
- Financial Policy of the Philippines (Governor Amando Tetangco, Jr.– BSP)
- Investment Opportunities in the Eco Zones (Director-General Lilia De Lima – PEZA)
On February 6, the Mission will tour several industrial estates in Laguna.